PROVIDER will offer end-to-end, cost-effective and scalable Callshop solution. The solution will feature powerful billing, flexible routing, and proven interoperability with VoIP equipment from other leading voip provider. Because PROVIDER will develop all solution components, callshop owners benefit from reduced integration costs and improved return on investment.
How will the solution work?
- When a customer visit the Callshop. Customer will chooses a vacant telephony booth, will enters and place a call by dialing a destination number.
- The call will get connected.
- Upon call completion, the callshop operator will present the customer with an invoice for accumulated call charges.
- Then the customer will pay the callshop operator.
- When the user picks up the phone and dials a destination number, VoIP Gateway will send an authorization request to PROVIDER VoIP Billing Server.
- Billing Server will verify whether a call can be placed from that particular booth and will authorize the call.
- Then VOIP Gateway will pass the destination number to PROVIDER Softswitch and will requests routing information.
- PROVIDER Softswitch will return VOIP Gateway the IP address of the remote (termination) gateway and VOIP Gateway will connect to it. Then the remote gateway will terminate the call to the destination party.
- Upon call completion, PROVIDER VOIP Billing Server will records complete CDR information for the call and will make it available to the operator for billing, reporting and monitoring purposes.
Solution components are required
- PROVIDER VOIP Billing Server that supports a wide spectrum of prepaid post-paid VoIP services.
- VOIP Gateway will be a carrier grade gateway that provides universal IP-PSTN switching, high flexibility and remote feature upgrade ability.
- PROVIDER Softswitch is a flexible VoIP Softswitch that offers routing and reliable peering between VoIP networks and capable for high volume callshop implementations.